Our Story 

McCriskin Home for Funerals has been family owned and operated since 1975 and was founded by the McCriskin Brothers; Richard and William. The original building, built in 1870 served as a parsonage home to the First Baptist Church of South Plainfield.

In 1976, a required restoration was performed to the building in order to convert it to a funeral home.

Over the course of the next 25 years, the business grew as did the trust families instilled in the funeral home and staff.  As a result another renovation was warranted and in 2000 an extensive was completed.

In 2007 after  35 dedicated years in the funeral industry, both Richard and William retired. Today the funeral home now McCriskin - Gustafson Home For Funerals is owned and operated by their two longtime employees; James A. Gustafson and Richard W. McCriskin II, they together with their staff, continue the deep funeral values and traditions while staying engaged with the changing times.   As active member of the borough of South Plainfield and the surrounding communities, their extensive knowledge has been a constant asset to the families they serve.